COUNTDOWN®– PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR EVERY MANAGER (BUSINESS SIMULATION)
Countdown® is a project management simulation that quickly immerses participants in an intense seven-month project. In small teams, participants use game boards to move through project milestones, make critical decisions, communicate with stakeholders and manage trade-offs — all under tight deadlines.
Less than an hour into the project management game, teams are working with a Gantt chart, estimating potential delays and costs, evaluating the critical path, assessing project risks and making decision trade-offs. Team members that go on Countdown® training will change the way they manage their internal projects and become more effective at meeting their deadlines.
Please note that this is not available as a Public Course.
Effective project managment aligns teams towards a common goal under project constraints.
- Define five key processes of project management (as described in PMBOK): Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing
- Explain the triple constraints of time, cost and requirements that form the “Trade-off Triangle” of project management decision-making
- Explain how a project kick-off meeting and project scope statement are used to learn what project sponsors expect from the team
- Complete a risk evaluation and contingency plan and explain the importance of risk management
- Explain the purpose and importance of the project management tools